Documents required & conditions to be fulfilled to register your marriage in Sri Lanka are given below
The required original documents for an official marriage in Sri Lanka are given below.
- Birth certificate.
- Passports – copies are only required of the information pages, do not include the pages containing immigration and visa stamps.
- An affidavit confirming your status certified by a solicitor.
- If divorced – decree absolute /s.
- Legal proof of any name changes by Deed Poll.
- If widowed
a) Death certificate/s of former spouse/s.
b) Previous marriage certificate/s.
- If adopted – legal forms.
- If any document provided is not in English, then a translation from a legally recognized translator.
- A letter stating your full name, postal address and occupation.
- A letter stating the full names, addresses and occupations of your parents.
- The hotel should receive photocopies of documents ( 1 to 8 ) relevant to you and letters 9 & 10 two weeks prior to the date of your proposed marriage. You are advised to send them by courier.
- Originals of all documents (1 to 8 ) should be brought with you when you arrive at the hotel.
- You are required to be resident in Sri Lanka at least 4 days prior to your wedding. Therefore you are advised to be at the hotel at least 4 days before the wedding of which 3 days should be working days in Sri Lanka. Before finalizing the date of your arrival please check with the Wedding Co-ordinator regarding public holidays. Three days is the minimum period required to attend to all official formalities.
- We recommend a minimum of 2 nights stay after the wedding day so that your wedding album and the engraved gift from the hotel can be completed and handed to you before your departure.
A wedding co-ordinator is available to answer any queries and to create your own wedding from the A la Carte Selection. She may be contacted on
Phone: +94 34 2275435 /+94 34 7200334
Fax : +94 34 2275433